Friday, July 20, 2012

Blogger 411



I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it would fun to share some relevant and some random information with y'all!

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging officially since Mother's day this year, so only two months! My blog hasn't had much time to change yet!

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I did, I spent three years at Oklahoma State University, moved to Washington and got married before my 4th year, so I've been working on finishing up online at Columbia Southern University ever since. Yes, still not done...whomp whomp. If you're counting, that's 7 years of college under my belt folks, and still no BA. I studied nutrition and exercise for two semesters at OSU, and the rest of my years have been spent studying marketing and finance.

3. Where have you traveled?
I have been to most of the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Belize.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A different house and all new furniture, of course! (well, new to me...lots would be antiques!)

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1. Grammar
2. Driving like an idiot (that includes fast idiocy, and slow idiocy, and all other types of driving idiocies)
3. Pets (har har...get it? But for real...not a fan.)

6. What is your favorite movie?
I like so many now that I don't think I can pick a favorite. But for the longest time, in like, middle school, My Best Friend's Wedding was my favorite movie! I could watch it over and over!!

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I quit drinking alcohol for the most part after gaining 26lbs my freshman year of college! So I don't really have much of a taste for it. However, back in the day my only drink of choice was diet coke with either vodka (vanilla smirnoff in particular) or whiskey. Nowadays my only drink is water! I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them, so water it is! 


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Projects around the house! Or sleeping!! Sleep is a big one. My kids don't think I need much, but they are mistaken. I also like to read and look at house eye candy on the internetzz. 

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Oh my. One store...I would have to say Whole Foods so I could get grassfed meat for my family instead of the CAFO crap in the grocery stores. We {try to} eat Paleo in our house, so eat A LOT of meat, but the quality is not great and that concerns me. I would love to be able to afford $6/lb ground beef and pork chops from grassfed animals! 
If that answer is too boring, I would also LOVE to spend $10000 at a good flea market and get some awesome antique furniture, fix it up and start a shop selling it.


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present. 
I am lucky enough to have gotten by so far without any catastrophically embarrassing moments in my life, but recently I have had the top button on my button up shirt come undone a few times in public. This happens to be a very crucial button that keeps my boobs inside my shirt, so it's not cool when it pops open.

I also farted on my husband's lap once. Which may not be embarrassing for a lot of people, but I am not a "fart and poop in front of my husband" kinda gal. So as far as he knows that is the only time I've ever farted in the last 4 years. Is this TMI? I think it might be...

11. What day would you love to relive again?
This is a hard one. I've never had any really particularly awesome days. My wedding was just kind of whatever, my childbirths were cool but awfully painful so I don't think I'd relive that again for the same kid...I guess I don't really have an answer to this question. Although it would be nice to relive any day when I weighed 125lbs. I would appreciate it more this time around!


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I was told once that I looked like Sandra Bullock in my driver's license photo. But I do not at all look like her. So it wouldn't be Sandy. It would probably be Kristen Wiig from SNL/Bridesmaids, etc. I am way not as funny as she is, but I am a big spaz and pretty awkward. So if she could be more awkward, in a less funny way, she would do a great job playing me. 


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
In high school I worked at the Hot Spot tanning salon in Mandeville. Then I worked at three more tanning salons in Stillwater, OK while I was in school at OSU. Then when I moved to Washington, I worked for a psychotic chiropractor for 3 weeks, then spent a year working for American General Finance (now Springleaf Finance). And that right there is my whole resume, folks. I have been a stay at home mom since I was 21 weeks pregnant with Abigail. 


14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
I love looking at old photos of people, so I am going to post a bunch of these! 
This is me and my dad at the Sweet 16 for the sophomore girls at my school. I was 15 here though.


This is me and my baby boy Pepsi. He was my first horse that I got when I was 11 and he was 3. 
I love him!

This is me and my husband in 2004. I was just starting my senior year, and this was in Mississippi after one of his fights. {he won, hence the medal :-) } There is a better version of this floating around somewhere where Patrick's eyes are open, but I don't know where it is. :-(

This is one of my favorite pictures from college, I think it was the beginning of my sophomore year. These girls were my best friends at OSU! 


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I would go to Greece! Hands down, I think it is so beautiful, I would LOVE to go there for FREEEE. I am hoping to eventually pay to go there anyway, but if anyone out there wants to foot the bill, you are more than welcome to!


16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 
This is my family at our photo shoot in early June. I <3 my family! 




17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Hopefully somewhere WARM! We should be living in the south somewhere, maybe with one more kid. But mostly I hope that we are all happy and healthy! And that my house is pretty and my husband and I don't get divorced over decor disagreements...ahem...

No comments:

Post a Comment