Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cloth Diapers

So a few days ago, we were having some family play time after Patrick got home from work. I was holding Abigail and she laughed really hard about something, the throw-your-head-back-from-laughing-so-hard kind of laugh. Well I turned to look at her, and to my horror, see that one of her beautiful little front teeth HAS A CORNER MISSING. WTF. I know it's a baby tooth, but she won't be able to get fake stuff put on for a couple years at least, I assume, unless it's normal to knock out your two year old to perform a little cosmetic dentistry. WHICH MEANS...every picture I have of my beautiful smiling baby girl for the next couple years will have a large chunk of tooth missing. That's assuming of course that she starts looking/smiling at my camera one day, otherwise, I guess it's not a big deal at all. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What do you do? Does insurance cover things like that, or is she stuck til she loses it?

In other Abigail news, I've decided I really don't like throwing $40ish smackaroos in the garbage every couple weeks, so I decided to try to get Abigail back in cloth diapers. I stopped using cloth on her soon after I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 because my morning sickness couldn't handle scraping poop into the toilet. Although I routinely puked during poopy diaper changes even with disposables. Anyway, now that I am sans morning sickness, and plan not to have it again for a while, I want to get her back in cloth. Why is that a big deal, you ask? Well, I've never really cloth diapered a solid-eating toddler before. Abigail had a slow start with solids, so her poop didn't smell bad til she was about 10 months old, when she really got the hang of eating. Coincidentally, that's about when I got pregnant and stopped using cloth on her. So I asked around on facebook in a mom group I'm part of, and someone mentioned "flushable liners." Duh. So I ordered an $8 roll of 100 flushable liners. These, to be exact. I feel much better about flushing $8/month down the toilet than throwing away $40-60! Plus I won't even have to use them every time, since she generally only poops once a day. What? You don't care how many times a day my daughter poops? Oh, sorry. Anyway, I've never used these before so I am quite curious to see how they turn out! I will be back with an update, and hopefully it will be good news!

Also, now seems like a good time to remind anyone reading that I sell cloth diapers! Check out my website at www.woodlawnlane.com to see what's available for special order. I will be making a post on here soon dedicated to what inventory I actually have in stock for anyone interested in that also. Things are moving along, slowly but surely, as I figure out just how I want to set up my business this time around. Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment